Beyonce’s Baby Bump Reveal
Beyonce made the big unveil during her entrance at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards while wearing a spectacular one-shouldered Lanvin gown in Pantone’s Tangerine Tango 2012 Color of the Year shade. The mum-to-be was seen clutching her belly lovingly displaying “the love that’s growing inside of me.” A line she later belted out during her performance of “Love On Top” while wearing a sequined purple Dolce & Gabbana tux.
April 29, 2011 was the day that over 2 billion people tuned in worldwide to watch the nuptials of Prince William and Catherine Middleton take place. The event itself was a spectacular masterpiece however it was the custom made creation by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen that the bride emerged in that was all the talk. The dress will be forever etched into the memories of millions and has become a part of fashion history.
H&M and Versace recently teamed up to release a capsule collection featuring the label’s classic style that has been reinterpreted through stunning prints, intricately studded leather pieces, silk dresses, costume jewellery and more. The collection was priced within an affordable price range in comparison to what the label usually charges for their pieces. This explains the eBay bidding wars that ensued as well as the reasoning behind how the collection sold out almost instantaneously nationwide.
Remembering Elizabeth Taylor
The world lost screen legend Elizabeth Taylor earlier this year on March 23rd, when she passed away in Los Angeles at the age of 79. Taylor’s belongings were recently itemized and categorized into a collection that was presented for auction at Christie’s. Hundreds of items ended up selling at sky high prices with bidding wars ensuing for the late two-time oscar winner’s prized possessions including vast amounts of jewellery that Taylor had amassed through out the years.
The Kardashian Wedding
Kim Kardashian married for the second time round, this time to NBA star Kris Humphries on August 20th, 2011. However the fairytale was not meant to be and Kim filed for divorce 72 days after the big day… The socialite was seen wearing not one Vera Wang wedding dress but three for the big day. For the main event and walk down the aisle she wore an ivory ballgown with a full tulle skirt.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute in New York recently housed an exhibition dedicated to the late British designer Alexander McQueen. The exhibition, entitled “Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty,” included over 100 pieces from McQueen’s archives. The exhibition spanned his entire post-graduate collection in 1992 to his last collection entitled Angels & Demons. The exhibition drew 661,509 visitors, making it the 8th biggest show on record at the Met.
Emma Watson Ends Harry Potter On Top!
2011 said goodbye to the Harry Potter film franchise and Emma Watson for one made sure to go out with a bang! The actress who made her name through the franchise took to red carpets and press events to promote Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. Banishing her familiar style, Watson rocked a series of dramatic designer looks from the likes of Oscar de la Renta, Rafael Lopez and Bottega Veneta as well as a sleek, chic cropped do in comparison to her long tresses that she became known for.
The 69th annual Golden Globe nominations were announced yesterday morning and there are some familiar faces amongst the contenders. The event will take place on January 15th, see the list of the female nominees below!
- Kate Winslet is nominated for Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical for Carnage and for Best Actress in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television for Mildred Pierce.
- Sofia Vergara is nominated for Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television for Modern Family.
- Tilda Swinton is nominated for Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama for We Need to Talk About Kevin.
- Charlize Theron is nominated for Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical for Young Adult.
- Meryl Streep is nominated for Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama for The Iron Lady.
- Rooney Mara is nominated this year for Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama, for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.
- Kristen Wiig is nominated for Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical for Bridesmaids.
- Tina Fey is nominated for Best Actress in a Television Series, Comedy or Musical for 30 Rock.
- Claire Danes is nominated for Best Actress in a Television Series, Drama for Homeland.
- Laura Linney is nominated for Best Actress in a Television Series, Comedy or Musical for The Big C.
- Michelle Williams is nominated for Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical for My Week With Marilyn.
- Shailene Woodley is nominated for Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture for The Descendents
- Zooey Deschanel is nominated for Best Actress in a Television Series, Comedy or Musical for New Girl.
- Julianna Margulies is nominated for Best Actress in a Television Series, Drama for The Good Wife.
- Evan Rachel Wood is nominated for Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture for Television for Mildred Pierce.
- Jessica Chastain is nominated for Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture for The Help.