The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
600 people reached the top of Mt. Everest in 2012. This blog got about 11,000 views in 2012. If every person who reached the top of Mt. Everest viewed this blog, it would have taken 18 years to get that many views.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!!
Love this saying ❤
Love this and its so true! Who doesn’t like to dress up? 😉
Ain’t that the truth! Especially when its freezing outside 😦
Meet Nala! She is the real boss around here 😉
She is truly our fur-baby! Nala was born on April 4th, 2011 (Anniversary of the day Beyonce & Jay-z got married—yes i am a HUGE fan of Beyonce in case you didn’t know ;)). I found Nala one night as I was browsing online and just had to bring her home, I called the shelter and at first we were told she had been adopted and my heart just sank.
However we some how got lucky and we were told we could go pick her up in New Hampshire where she was staying at a foster home! We didn’t think twice! Nala (formally known as Jill) was promptly picked up after us having only just moved into our apartment that very day.
Fun fur baby fact! Nala absolutely adores water! She actually anticipates us having our daily showers and sits on the ledge (between the shower curtain and protector) to watch the water! Some may think she is a peeping tom but I think she just loves water 😛 Another not so fun water related fact is that you CAN NOT whatsoever leave a glass full of water on the table, she is bound to knock it over and watch the water splash everywhere. She has broken at least 20 glasses and I kid you not, she just added another to the toll this very night! Other than that she is so lovable and from time to time she will show up on here 😉
Like most artists, Cecilia Paredes tends to get lost in her work… in this case most literally. The Peruvian artist uses her body as a canvas by applying body paint to camouflage herself into a series of vibrant, intricate wallpaper designs.
With the aid of assistants, Paredes meticulously paints an disguises her own body to allow her to fit seamlessly into each of her portraits. Paredes explains her technique as a way of making herself part of the landscape ïn a quest of belonging.
“The theme behind all is re-location after displacement and migration and how one has to adjust in order to belong. Tough it is, but it has to be done, without forgetting our origin.
The one shoulder dress style has become increasingly popular as of late, it offers a touch of elegance that allows the designer to play with the dress’ silhouette to create something unique and interesting.
Featured below are my top one shouldered style dresses that I feel embody this notion while maintaining a classy aesthetic that shows a tasteful amount of skin 😉
1. Rare Jewelled One Shoulder Drape Dress – $42.97 *sale*
2. Lipsy Ruffle One Shoulder Dress – $53.72 *sale*
3. One Shoulder Dress – $29 *sale*
4. River Island Slinky One Shoulder Dress – $37.60 *sale*
5. ASOS One Shoulder Dress with Mesh Skater skirt – $71.62
6. ASOS One Shoulder Dress with Cut Out shoulder – $49.24 *sale*
7. Lauren by Ralph Lauren Dress, Metallic Sheath – $95.20 *sale*
8. Xscape Dress, Sleeveless Draped Cocktail Dress – $112.45 *sale*
9. BCBGMAXAZRIA Dress, Pleated Evening Gown – $348.00
10. As U Wish Dress, Sleeveless Sequin Gathered – $79.00
11. BCX Dress, Sleeveless Pleated Beaded Sheath – $22.99 *sale*
12. Rare Ruched Dress With Floral One Shoulder – $53.72 *sale*
13. ASOS PETITE Exclusive Body-Conscious Dress – $32.23 *sale*
14. Roberta Dress, One Shoulder Rosette Mermaid Gown – $119.00